Free School Meals / Universal Free School Meals
Are you missing out on Free School Meals? Apply Now - click here
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to receive a Free School Meal every day, known as UFSM.
Very Important Information
All children who are entitled to Free School Meals because of their family circumstances bring an additional £1320 into the school budget to support their learning experiences at school. This money is known as Pupil Premium money and enables school to plan and support learning opportunities for these children. See the Pupil Premium page for more information.
Even if you are entitled to a free meal in Reception, Y1 and Year 2 we ask that you still register if you meet the criteria below, to enable the school to receive this funding.
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of 6 April 2010 does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit -during the four-week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your children are entitled to free school lunches
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
If, after reading the information on this page and on the application forms, you are unsure whether you qualify for an award, please submit an application form and Redbridge council will contact you with the outcome.
If you need help with your application call into the school office